The Escape The Escape

Well...

Not gonna lie, the robot is quite a sexy aspect of the picture but you mugged it all up... you're focusing on the wrong things, you see when an audience views a picture they of course notice the best detailed thing first... unless it takes up less that 65% of the picture. The focus should be on the robot of course but you didn't make it subtle enough, it's too obvious as was the fact you got lazy. You could have taken the extra 2 hours to make a half-decent background, the main focus should make the reader say: "great picture!" NOT "great robot" You need to start with an amazingly detailed background with your best art, then slam that robot on the front and blur up the background a bit making everyone say: "Holy F**k that is amazing, look at all the detail" NOT "~Nice dude~" that's a lame review man... work on it, in fact strip the background and make a good one!

Hope I helped =]

Kinsei responds:

Damn boy, If I didn't know any better I'd say you were standing over my shoulder as I worked on this. Very nice analysis.
You were spot on with just about everything. In truth I did get very lazy on this, I had spent the better part of a week on the robot and I was sick of looking at it. I rushed out the background and that was a very poor mistake by me. I should have taken my time.

This folks is a very solid review. Thanks man. Perhaps in the near future I can get the chance to rework that background to do the robot justice.

Red Dead Redemption Pixel Art Red Dead Redemption Pixel Art

Great

Not gonna lie it's terrific, 'cept that gun is a bit off, I recommend using gimp 2.6, it takes significantly less time to edit shade and color things in simplicity... not to sound like an ad... and it's free

Pikazu Pikazu

hmmm...

Well I like it by you seem to be relying too heavily on Gimp, try to start with something simple, like a sketch or even draw it on paint and transfer it.